Knowing it could all end in a second

As my beautiful wife, Luke, and I were leaving the house Saturday we were stirred by the horrible sound of a screeching car followed by a huge blast. Knowing instantly that there had been an accident in the area we hurried into the car to see if we could help. At first I didn't know where to go, but when we came to the end of our street you could see it plain as day on the next intersection. Someone had blown the side street stop sign and collided practically head first into an oncoming car. We pulled off and we went to see if there was anyone hurt. My attention turned to the car that was impacted because I noticed there were two children. After seeing if the driver was okay I went to the other side and came to the grandmother who was rocking the smallest child, maybe 5-7 years of age. I was scared as to what I was about to see, but thankfully the child was only shocked and scared with no major injuries that I could see. But as the children stood there I could only feel for the parents that were about ton receive a frightening call about an accident.

When the parents arrived the father was in an angry state of placing blame to anyone who was around. First a finger at another couple there to help, and then towards LeeAnn. As the firefighters broken up a possible rampage I just remember the father screaming for the sake of his kids. I was quickly reminded of Scripture; "be quick to listen, slow to react, and slow to get angry" for in this case nothing really mattered except that everyone was fine. There were not any major injuries luckily.

I don't know how I would have reacted if that were me and my family. If anything were to happen to LeeAnn or Lukas I don't know how I would be able to continue my days. They are everything to me. Just knowing that this could happen in a matter of seconds really makes you want to make sure those loved ones are completely filled with love every second they are here. I certainly don't want to wait until they are gone to really appreciate what they are in my life. Love those while they are here, don't wait until they are gone to love them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Fond Farewell

Just the Three of Us

Friends