Clothes, clothes, clothes

Looking around the house I notice there are many things that are just basically taking up space. Why do we all need all these material items. I mean do I really need another coat, or another decorative statue to look at. Recently I have been trying to unload some of these things on eBay. From autographed items, shoes, jackets, and even engine parts from the garage. If I can sell it and open up some space I'm game. But it seems whatever we get rid of we buy three things to replace it and the cycle continues.

Clothes is a completely different story. They just keep piling up. If you were to go through my drawer you would have trouble opening it because there are clothes packed tight. Its bad when you have all those clothes and when you are planning a special evening out and about you think, "I have nothing to wear." I do have those moments when choosing a tie for work. honestly I have around 60 ties. (LeeAnn worked Kohls for 8 years and hooked me up way cheap). I owe my style basically to her as well. If you like the outfit I have on don't tell me, tell her because she was behind the whole thing.

LeeAnn and I just donated over an estimated $300 worth of our clothes to VOA. I believe it was 3 1/2 garbage bags. Don't worry we still have plenty in the house left. But the process of seeing what to donate was crazy. Shirts I've had since high school (surprisingly that I could still fit into them) and ones we haven't worn in quite some time. Yet it was still hard to let some of that stuff go. Why is it so hard? Yes many of those shirts and pants were broken in and very comfortable, but when there are hidden holes and stains in various areas why did I hesitate to give them up or throw them out. I just don't get it. I always joke with LeeAnn about I only need 2 pairs of jeans, 1 good sweatshirt, and 3 t-shirts to get me by. In college I would wear the same jeans every day until they started to get that slight musty smell, which honestly could take a week or longer. Once the smell would settle in I would change them of course. My good ol' Western sweatshirt could last for days too. Good times. Wait a minute... Looking back now this could explain why LeeAnn moved back to Jackson instead of staying in Kalamazoo with me. Darn, all this time and I thought she was just home-sick or something. Sorry honey, lesson learned. *smile* Wow, that's the reason for all the clothes I have. I've been in training haven't I? Boy is my face red.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Fond Farewell

Just the Three of Us

Friends