It's a bird, a plane, no... it's SUPERMAN


About four years ago for CHRISTmas one of my 3rd grade students gave me a cartoon video of Superman because he knew I had liked the super hero. That dvd had not been opened until last week when I thought that maybe my son would enjoy watching it. To be honest the cartoons were from the 50's and not the greatest illustrations, but that didn't matter. Luke sat there and watched everyone. Then wanted to watch them again afterwards. Well tonight while I was doing some chores around the house I went up into our storage to put away more CHRISTmas things and remembered I had a few Superman toy figures that I basically never opened. I thought Luke would like these since he was now watching Superman. I was right. He instantly started re-enacting some of the scenes while we put those old cartoons in. "This is a job for Superman" he would repeat the tv. He did allow me to play as well. I got to use the bigger one in the picture. We played and we played. Then I remembered after talking with my beautiful wife, who was at work, that we bought him Superman pj's. I went and found them and we were up to our noses in Superman things. When the night grew late we brought Superman in to sleep with us and keep us safe. Luke had to share his milk with Superman, participated with the prayers, and even receive a good night kiss as well. Hey if it makes Luke happy I'll do it. I really had fun tonight. I can't wait to do it again. I wish LeeAnn would have been there to play Lois Lane and join in, but I'm sure we'll have another Superman night. I did get some of it on video so she'll view it later. What a cute kid. Maybe even next time I'll get my Halloween costume out and we'll really play this thing out. Am I going to far? I don't think so. it reminds me of the commercial where it shows different little babies laughing and finally at the end they show the dads acting crazy. It's our jobs to do this. We can't always be macho. Where is the fun in that? I don't mind acting the fool if it brings a smile to my sons face. Wait until there are more children. I could get real crazy when playing in front of a big audience. I really can't wait. To be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Fond Farewell

Just the Three of Us

Friends