Friends


The friends I have around me are very very important in my life. Of course we all can categorize our friends in some way. You have the comedian, flirt, obsessive, cheap, serious, dull, scary-weird, the one who we always make fun of, among many other categories I'm sure you could entertain. But no matter what category you place them in you would do anything for them. I have been very lucky to have had a good core of friends around me since elementary school. They have become people that I rely on in many different situations and would go out of my way to help them as I would my own brother. I care so deeply about these people that I would give up my own dreams in life if I knew it would grant them one of theirs. I love them. I can't help to think about as we get older how our relationships will change. We all pretty much have families or have moved away and our link has weakened. We still have moments today where it has been just as it was, but those are moments now. Great memories. I love to reminisce about the days we played basketball in my backyard to trips out to the beach, even Disney World was a place some of us have shared. There have been arguments, tears, joy, pleasures, and worries. Through it all we still stand here today as close or even closer than we once were. People have said that the friends that your real friends who will be a part of your life forever you'll meet in college and those from high school will fade. My situation happens to be different. I'm blessed that God has surrounded me with wonderful people that have resided from my high-school days. I don't really classify anyone as my best friend because they are all special in many different ways. ( My wife happens to be my BEST friend if you really want to get technical. My individual friends have helped to shape the man I am today, but it is my wife who has completed me. Sorry guys... *smile*) I pray every night for each one. For them to succeed, to live happy, and to be healthy.
Even though it is great to stay close with each friend, it does open a possibility to be hurt be many more people. I have already went through being hurt by a close friend and they are in prison for that mistake. Even though this friend made a couple wrong choices it really burned me because I felt like the fool for thinking I knew them. I felt guilty for not really knowing them enough to help. It has been hard to forgive him and myself for not helping. I waited over 6 months before even going to visit because it took time to get over the situation. I'm still not completely over it, but I forgave this friend in my heart. That is what friends do. And I will not throw stones because I too have made mistakes. I hope when I make mistakes my friends will forgive me like I would for them. I'm sure they would.
As life continues, together, my friends will also continue. Though seeing each others face might happen less, in my heart we will always be the bunch that would hang out every day after school. People search a whole lifetime to find new friends like they once had in school, I'm lucky to still be connected with mine. You all know who you are. I love you all...

Comments

Well said my friend, well said.
Anonymous said…
I look stupid in that hat. I think I still have it though. Well said my friend. I think you know that we feel the same way about you. As far as forgiveness goes, who says we haven't already forgiven you for some stuff that you never even realized? You are a great friend. You are a part of my family. I look forward to playing golf together when we're all old and retired and bragging about what our kids are doing.
Anonymous said…
I just want to say thank you. No Matter what happens in the future all you guys are my brothers. You one of the biggest parts of my life, you are a part of my life that I hope never changes. So I also thank you for all your forgiveness. I wasn't the best friend at times and I'm happy that you stayed there and still support me today. Also why did you bring this picture out that Mustach looks bad. Heres to many more years together

Popular posts from this blog

A Fond Farewell

Just the Three of Us