Something New, Something Different--- TATTOO!!


I know I know I know...  Its PERMANENT!!!! That is why it took so long to really pull the trigger on getting one. The wifey and I have been throwing ideas of getting a tattoo for about 10 years now. I was ALWAYS against being tatted. My brother is practically a walking ink blot test with everything he has gotten! Not that there is anything wrong with that, it just wasn't something I wanted for my own skin- at the time.
I've been watching Ink Master, and few other tattoo shows over the years on tv and was fascinated with the 'lines' of a tattoo and the intricate detail an artist would put into a piece. Then one fateful day LeeAnn brought up her former colleague at the hospital, Heather Manther. LeeAnn showed me some of her drawings and said she actually left the medical field to pursue being a tattoo artist. So over the course of a couple months LeeAnn would share how nice Heather's tattoos were (and I paid attention to the crisp lines). I knew that Heather would be the one that I wanted to get to complete my first tattoo.
Now what to get. A badass skull???  No, my mom would have put me in a casket for sure. No, it had to be something meaningful to me. Something that could be a constant reminder of what is important. What my life is made up of. 'Ohana'...  Ohana means family (in Hawaiian). I also wanted to incorporate a heartbeat too, because without my family I would be dead. They are why I live, why I care so much, and what keeps me on the ground.
So here we are, LeeAnn and I, approaching 40yrs of age (2 more years to go thank you very much) and deciding to do something different. Most people were shocked that I would get some ink done based on my prior opinions and all. What can I say, I changed.... just as life changes.

Now, what will the next one be?????????

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Fond Farewell

Just the Three of Us

Friends