Trippin Billies






As we pulled up to the driveway finally reaching our destination of Kentucky, I noticed right away the stereo-typed culture of a hilly-billy yard. At least 6 cars were resting in the yard, 2 that were drivable. Entering the house looking at the ceiling with patches and tons of THINGS just piled up in corners and against walls. Yip, this is my heritage, true hill-billies...
I have no problem with their way of life, in fact I actually see resemblance of this to my Yankee home. I really enjoy being down here amongst family members I rarely get to see. To get out of "The Rat Race" is great. (Down home they refer to our living as a rat race...) It's quiet, everybody is friendly, and when people wave they use ALL of their fingers.
The only real problem i endured is smoking two packs of cigs before eggs are served. I second-hand smoked at least two cartons in two days with this group of travelers. It took some getting use to but once breakfast is done and over "dinner" is all ready on the stove. You won't go hungry that's for sure!
I participated in a King of the Hill moment where 5 guys get in a circle and talk Mopar (dodge cars, hemi's, six packs....) "Yup. uh huh... That's right. " It was a great time.

The ride home was NUTS! We missed our return birdge, SO WITHOUT a map we continued until we found the next bride......... 90 MILES!!!!!!!!! I wanted to turn around, Granny wanted to turn around, BUT the driver wanted to keep going. "This is fun", he says. It would have been to if we didn't all ready have a 9 hour trip home. After many sleeping butt moments, two packs of second hand smoke, we arrived in 13 hours. ALWAYS have a map. "Unforseen circumstances pop up quicker than a stiffy on prom night." Once we got out of the truck, four trippin billies went their separate ways. Granny is still trippin.

Southern by the grace of God.... Yee Haw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just the Three of Us

A Fond Farewell

Friends