My name is Anthony, I will be 28. thank you

As another birthday nears, I try and not place to big an emphasis on the actual number. As a matter of fact I really don't too excited anymore. It is but a day where I realize I am getting older, hopefully another year wiser. I don't care that I'M getting older, but really I think of everyone else around me more on my birthday. I see the faces that have surrounded me for many years and the smiles have always been there. What hasn't been there is the added wrinkles on their faces, the expanded waist line, a new difficulty of walking... You see if I'm getting older the people I love are too.

I cherish each birthday where family gathers to enjoy the afternoon one more time. As my birthdays will continue (hopefully), I will eventually see less faces as they will have spent their time here and will have passed on. So as I will get a year older this Saturday, the 17th, I will cherish those who will join me one more time. So please excuse me if I'm not spinning around like I was 10 years old. Just know in my heart I love the moment for the moment, not just because it's my birthday.

"The older I get the more things I have to leave back on the table" Rocky Balboa

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday Tony!!!!!



Erika
Anonymous said…
Congratulations for staying alive one more year. It's not as easy as it seems. I hope you enjoyed the party. I had a great time. You are the best whirlyball player I know

Popular posts from this blog

A Fond Farewell

Just the Three of Us

Friends