Meet Ziggy


Music, what a wonderful release between words and emotions. Being the type of person that can't always seem to find the right things to say at a moments notice, if you give me a couple minutes I could generate my feelings into a song. I don't care too much about material treasures, but if I had to choose one that I couldn't live without it would be Ziggy, aka my acoustic guitar. It is a tool to release my stress, love, and faith. Ziggy has helped me through the good times and the bad, deaths and births, and just common thoughts escaping my mouth. I am a self taught musician, (guitar for dummies was my resource teacher). I picked it up just at the end of high school hoping to impress my lady. All I could rattle off was a couple easy riffs where I didn't have to move my fingers too far. It wasn't until I started listening to Dave Matthews that I was fully inspired to play funky chords and write beautiful lyrics. After just playing covers I became bored so I started to write my own stuff.
Ziggy is named after my Grandma Zczygiel for the reason that she was the main focus of my first written song. It felt so good to release my feelings that I just kept writing. I write on napkins, envelopes, even sticky notes if I have one. I have currently written around 30-35 songs which are written down along with the chord progression that accompanies it. Love songs, funky songs, mad, sad, happy... you get the picture. I usually play new songs right away for people to get their feelings, but I have a couple that no one has ever heard. One day I'll play these, but for now they are my own. I still do some covers, DMB, Jack Johnson, Johnny Cash, John Lennon, etc, but nothing feels better than playing my own stuff. The problem is is that I don't get to play these songs that give me pleasure for people. I've done a few things in public, but I would like to start playing around my city. I have found that I love performing live in front of folks. I'm also scared because I don't want to look like an idiot. Maybe my voice really sucks or I'm not good enough to hold people's attention. Anyway I'll keep writing and playing for the audience that keeps coming back to listen, my son. Unless anyone out there would like to start playing music with me. Hello?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Fond Farewell

Just the Three of Us

Friends