The Circle of Life

It took 27 years before I finally understood that you will once live your childhood again through your kids. Things you would have liked to do, things that you had done. For me the day came on CHRISTmas when my son opened his first General Lee car. To Luke, it is his daddy's car. (I am currently restoring a 69 Charger into a General Lee which you can check out that adventure by clicking on the Rusty Lee restoration link here on my page) Wherever we go and we hear that Dixie horn, or see an orange car Luke will say, "There's daddy's car." It's very cute. Anyway once we were done with the gifts exchange, Luke had a chance to play. He went between his new train table and "daddy's car". As he began creating the engine noise and jumping over boxes in the way and finishing with, "Yee Haw!!!!!" I was reminded about how I loved my General Lee cars growing up. As I sat there watching him with a smile I wondered if this is what my mother and father felt as I played like Luke was. I can't wait to do more things with Luke. And as Luke and I move forward I ponder what the next child will be like, whenever there is a next child (didn't want anyone thinking we were expecting). Luke is so great and beautiful like my wife (after-all everyone says he looks like her, which is a real benefit since she is gorgeous!!!!) This was a great moment for me as a father looking at my son and reminding me of how life goes by way too fast. It seems that just yesterday I was making those car noises and jumping over obstacles. Well if you ask my wife it actually was yesterday when I was doing that, but you get the point.

Comments

Jenny said…
So sweet and so true...

Popular posts from this blog

A Fond Farewell

Just the Three of Us

Friends