Just the Three of Us



I am in complete awe of my family. I recently found a junior high school workbook about my future goals and admirations. Within this book were questions about my priorities and what things meant the most to me at the current time and in the future. As I continued to scan this book the most consistent answer was taking care of my wife and kids when I grew up. The date in this book would put me at the young age of 14. I don't know why I would be concerned about a wife and some children at this age, but it brought a smile to my face knowing that I still feel that way 13 years later. Even more so now that I understand what it takes to take care of them. I did fail at becoming a professional athlete, but I think I have done much better than that now. I'm still in love with my wife since the days of admiring her in the hallways of our school. Although back then love to a school boy was more about lust and physical attractiveness and simply having the chance to court a hot chick. She without a doubt would get my head to spin and still does. Being shy through school with the ladies never put me in the forefront. The NO CHANCE signal would fill my head when she was around. Shoot, I would have never even told her how I felt and she wouldn't have known if my best bud Steve didn't do it for me behind my back *smile*. A couple dates, 6 months of boot camp without her, and endless romantic moments have filled the last 9 years. And even with the ups and downs that life can bring, my motivation to keep the fight going is waking up with her next to me. Here we are today with a strong foundation of love and a beautiful son is the result. One can always look back and wonder if they achieved the things they had wanted to, or gone down the right path in life to ensure happiness. All I can say is that my world has been great with her in it, and now with my son in it. Like I said, I'm in awe of my family.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Tony, you are so modest. Despite your claim to being shy with the ladies you were one of the most sought after young men in the school. I think your shyness came across as "too good" for the ladies. Otherwise you would have been knee deep in high school "sweetness". BY the way "Your Welcome". I'll be honest, when I set you two up I didn't expect it to last forever. Good luck on that.

Steven
Zoe said…
do you think you could brain wash my hubby?
Michelle Leigh said…
Wow, that is so incredibly sweet! I happened to find your blog through your wife's blog. It sounds like the two of you have found the real thing. That's great!
Anonymous said…
I really can't recall how I found your blog (through a friend of a friend of a friend of friend's...LOL) but I really enjoyed this post! It's so obvious that you love and appreciate your family immensely and that's refreshing!! Thanks for sharing, April

Popular posts from this blog

A Fond Farewell

Friends