Just call me the TOOL MAN! Ho Ho Hoo Hoooo Ho...





Well we have started to make some updates to the house. Over my two weeks off from school I made it a priority to work down my lovely wife's list of what she would like to see change in the house. I wish I would have done this sooner but I wasn't confident with my ability to do manual work. I probably would best compare to Tim the Tool Man Taylor when it comes to home repair, but I do make an effort if that counts. I made some new shelves for the pantry area, and though they are not completely level, they will hold a bottle of laundry detergent. Then came the kitchen floor, this I called in my dad, which is more efficient with a hammer and saw. He was my Al. Only a couple mis cuts, but the floor is walkable. I felt good about the kitchen so we decided to tackle the living room. This was a big event. It was just my wife and I. Picture working along side your partner for 8 hours and having sharp and heavy objects in your hands. Arguments wouldn't have lasted long. I'm happy to say that we made a great team and didn't argue at all. And people say they aren't miracles anymore. J/K We both had a vision and worked very hard to see it come out. After seeing the final result I felt I could fix anything. Ho ho ho ho ho... The washer has been leaking you see. It is just a little drip. Nothing a little duct tape couldn't stop. I changed the seals in the hose, tightened her up and turned on the water. Nothing. No leak, not a drip. DONE...... I should probably mention though that the next day my wife left me a message at work expressing her grief when water had exploded from the hose and left the kitchen looking like a new hot tub resort. Hey, we had always talked about getting a hot tub in here anyway,so what is the problem? Well I will leave the washer alone for now, but there are a couple other things I think I can manage. I can fix anything!!!!!!

Anyone know a good home improvement guy?

Comments

Jenny said…
Looks great!! Good job :-)

Popular posts from this blog

A Fond Farewell

Just the Three of Us

Friends