No Time


I need to lay down. I'm not talking about getting sleep either. I mean just laying on the floor, bed, couch, or anything that will hold me so I can just stop everything for a moment. And on top of this I would really like my wife there with me. The last two weeks have been filled with running around town for the holidays, shopping, returning what we shopped for, cleaning house, folding clothes, making chocolate milk, shoveling the drive way by hand, making food, mixing more chocolate milk, putting a new floor in the kitchen, putting the folded clothes away, and then making a 4th and 5th glass of chocolate milk. Now I know these duties are all part of growing up, and I am not trying to complain. Honestly I'm not complaining. I mean I do these things and enjoy doing them so LeeAnn doesn't have to when she works, which has been 8 out of the last 9 nights. It makes me feel good when LeeAnn wakes up and sees that I took care of things when she was sleeping. She needs to rest and I don't want her having to worry about other stuff that I can do. I would just like possibly 15 minutes where I can be with my wife and not have an appointment somewhere in a matter of hours or minutes. Then after that 15 minutes Luke can join us, Rocky too. Anyone every seek some time to be with your significant other when the focus is just on the other person? I long for those moments when its just us two. The focus these last two weeks has been surrounded by the holidays, which means splitting family time, CHRISTmas parties, New Year's plans, friends, football games, and a lot of activities that that focus on others. I love the holidays and the sense of family and giving. I just think that this break has been stressful because of all the variables that have come up. I'm hoping that after tomorrow things will just slow down and we can enjoy every minute God has blessed us with. I'm sorry, I think I'm just tired. I'm thinking very selfishly and that isn't good for the heart. I just want to lay down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Fond Farewell

Just the Three of Us

Friends