Life's little pleasures


Waking up in the morning to the sound of my little boy is an amazing sound, even if he is whining, screaming, or just simply playing. I love it. I love just watching him grow. I wonder what he will be like as time steals away the baby that I once held for hours and hours. As Luke continues his life I hold on to the sweet possibilities that I might be blessed with more some day. I've been blessed enough now that I have a very special person in LeeAnn who I see to be such a wonderful mother. She loves both Luke and I, as we are her Howard boys. The moments I sit and think how almost ten years has gone by with her by my side and I wonder if life could get any better. Still there are low times when I fear that something may take either of them away, or if i am hurt in some way too. I can't help to think about it, which is why I want to spend every moment of my life without taking the little pleasures in life for granted. I want to one day be sitting on the porch with LeeAnn, old and gray, reminiscing about what a beautiful life we had. It's been amazing to watch how LeeAnn has grown from this shy girl I was too scared to even ask out (Boyle, thanks again), to now the mother of my child who treats Luke so much. What a sweet gift I have been given. I always thought it was cheesy when I heard people say they would die for their mate in movies, but now I truly understand that you can feel that way about someone. I wouldn't even hesitate for either of them...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Fond Farewell

Just the Three of Us

Friends