READING!!!!






I love to read, what can I say. Movie or book, I'll choose the movie most of the time. But then I fall into the category of one of those book people who will say it isn't like the book or the book is so much better. You know what, you'd be right too. There is so much more details that can be portrayed in a book. The details keep me coming back. Also character development is very strong in the books too. Anyway this spring break I wanted to read, which I haven't done in a few months. I started with Small Steps ( finished this book in one sitting), then the short Spiderwick book (only 56 pages), and then The Silent Boy. I read the younger leveled books because I can't understand the adults ones... Actually I read these books as research for books that I think my kids might enjoy in the classroom. Virtual fieldtrips that can lead us anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I don't read just young reader books, although the Potter kid keeps begging me to pick the series back up again. I like practically any book that can hold my attention through the first couple chapters. I start books and don't ever finish them. Well I started this little marathon this week on Tuesday and finished up on Friday. I'm searching for the next book now. Any suggestions for me?

Comments

K.M.L said…
Gossamer by Lois Lowry is my favorite....also Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson, The Old Willis Place by Mary Downing Hahn, Double Identity by Margaret Pearson Haddix, and Do You Know the Monkey Man by Dori Hillestad Butler.

These are some of the books we've read in 5th grade this year....they are great!

Popular posts from this blog

A Fond Farewell

Just the Three of Us

Friends