Little Man is sick

My last couple nights have been lacking sleep as I wake to check on little man. He has been nursing a cold for a couple days. The coughing wakes him up throughout the night. Sometimes he wakes calling for Momma, but he has to settle for daddy. As momma works through this weekend bringing home the bread, I slip into the "house daddy" and tidy up the house and tend to the child. It's hard for me to lay listening to my boy wheezing through his sleep trying to find a clean breath to take. His head is on fire and I've tried cool baths, medicines, stripping him down, yet nothing seems to work. The doctor just gave us the "it's a viral cold" statement without any pills to cure it (we just love having a pill to cure us don't we). I get scared some times being by myself at night not knowing what could happen and I might not react the way I should. I feel comfort having my beautiful wife in the house as she is more knowledgeable medically than I. So as I lay my head down next to his I take comfort knowing that we've made it through the rough nights, just the two of us, before. I just wish that I could take the sickness for him so he wouldn't have to suffer...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Fond Farewell

Just the Three of Us

Friends