CLASSES, CLASSES... I'm tired

As the career of teaching allows me to enjoy the pleasures of summer rays without work, I realize that this time is really to get my mind back to normal. After the emotional roller coaster that the year can have on a teacher, I find myself in golf therapy during the summer. Unfortunately it hasn't started for me yet. I'm really going to golf my way back to sanity this year. The past two months has been dedicated to getting the infamous SB-CEU's to revalidate my certificate by next June. I'm trying to cram them in this year because the state has increased the fee per credit hour. Right now I'm getting 3 credits for $70. Starting in the summer it will go to $70 a credit. Now if your school won't pay for it, and you need 18 credits, this could cause stress in the wallet. I decided to take all I can now to ensure I'm getting my money for credit worth. It seems Michigan has implied this new teacher tax without actually calling it a tax. We all have to have these credits in some way or form. They are strict too. If you miss one minute they won't give your credits at all!!!! It hasn't happen to me but to some of the other teachers I've had these classes with.

So I will keep spending the next weeks (Mon, Tues, and Thurs) until 7:30 in class after a long day in my classroom. It has to be done though, it just makes me long for summer even more. I would like to call for a tee-time right now for June 8th...

Comments

Nicole said…
Ugh.. I hear ya. Teaching is so not the "Gravy career" that people think it is. Yeah, you get summers off, and vacations off... but all the freaking additional schooling... sheesh!

I've been contemplating just starting courses for my Masters this fall (I have 4 years left to get my 18 credits) but I feel weak and nauseous thinking of more student loans on top of the $400/month loans I have already. That, and Ryan is still in school right now so I have no idea how two of us working and going to school with two kids will work out... eww.

I might just do the SB-CEU's... but they don't count toward any specific degree, right? They just go toward the required 18 credits? I'm still not 100% sure on how all that works.

I wish I'd have known about the cost of credits and all that... I'd have tried to fit in a class or two before this summer. AH.. oh well.

Popular posts from this blog

A Fond Farewell

Just the Three of Us

Friends