Anyone out there? Hellooooo?

From the busy days to those noise filled days at home sometimes you just want a little piece and quiet. As I sit here alone without all the sounds I really would like them back. I don't hear my son playing or tormenting Rocky tonight. I don't hear the typing that usually fills the late nights that my beautiful wife produces, instead I am the one typing. I tried to get the dog wound up to have some scraping noises of him running away from me as I chase him screaming. I had to stop for fear that the neighbors would probably call the fuzz on me or just realize how crazy I actually am. I don't like this alone feeling. There's no chance that I might be hugged, smiled at, kissed, or simply told "no daddy, that's my basketball." I would try to hug and kiss Rocky but our windows are pretty big and open, and again fearing the perception from those around here I choose to give Rocky a night off. He gets enough from Luke anyway.

Why does boredom make time pause, yet when you are having a good-time time can't seem to slow down? Time is a funny thing. We all want more of it, but not all of us know how to use it properly. I don't myself at times. I could be doing dishes or laundry so my wife won't have to but I feel way too tired to start. Plus if you have seen the pics on LeeAnn's blog then you'll see the clothes won't be a 15min job. Sometimes I think it would be easier to just buy new ones and throw the dirty ones out. Maybe start a business about re-cycling or renting out clothes. Let them wash'em. "Here Bob, I would like to return these shirts that are starting to smell. That red one already smelled like poop when I took it home." "That's okay Aj, happens all the time. Here try this new Italian layered muscle sweater. I heard from a guy last week that he won the lotto three times when he had it on." Okay, maybe a stretch but some thing's got to give.

This weekend is already shot with plans. Don't you hate when you fill your weekend up stuffed before it's even here? I won't see my wife until Saturday. Luke is being bounced around the grandparents to allow LA and I to mingle with friends and each other. I say we should have a third day to the weekend where you can't make any plans. The only plan is to be with your family at your house. You don't have to dress (not commando, pj's are ideal... Especially with large windows). And no tv or COMPUTER either. Just relax in the company of your loved ones. (okay a movie would be acceptable, but you have to watch it together) When was the last time that you sat back and enjoyed what life you have? Oh and on this extra day you can't bring up any NEGATIVE things that life has been throwing at you. Life can be tough, get over it. If you always bring up the negative you are focusing on the wrong things in life. Too many times people dread on the little complaints of life. "He doesn't she doesn't, work is, the kids just won't..." Before you throw stones look at somethings you have done too. You want things to change start with your self first. Say something positive to make someone feel good.

Sorry to preach so much but sometimes we all get sick of the basement people who can't find a positive thing in their life. It's not what happens to you, but how you deal with or react to that something that will define it as positive or negative. I'm guilty of it too, but I know I feel a whole lot better talking about the good pleasures in life. Life is a weird, mystical, crazy, scary place at times, but what a ride!! Enjoy each breath.

Comments

Nicole said…
"If you always bring up the negative you are focusing on the wrong things in life. Too many times people dread on the little complaints of life. "He doesn't she doesn't, work is, the kids just won't..." Before you throw stones look at somethings you have done too. You want things to change start with your self first. Say something positive to make someone feel good."

So, so true. Something I've definitely started to realize lately. :)

I need to get my hubby to read your blog. You have some great, insightful thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

A Fond Farewell

Just the Three of Us

Friends