A strategy noticed...

As a teacher I always try and stay engaged with my students. I know there are many different beliefs and strategies to teaching, and that's okay. We are all on the same team here. Anyway, personal goal for myself is to rarely sit at my desk... For any reason. I want to be moving around where my kids notice me and I'm close to the work. Well it's been about three weeks now and I was in a groove. I went to my desk to read as my kids were reading silently when one of my boys put up the signal to make a comment or question. "Mr. Howard, this is the first time I've seen you at your desk. Many of my past teachers sit at their desk a lot."
I didn't really reply other than a simple "oh, I didn't even notice I wasn't here at my desk often."

I went on with the day and was startled that my goal, so far, was noticed. We have a long year to go, but I'm off to a good start I guess.

Comments

Showerman0808 said…
Hey Mr. Howard I found this blog also now too. Nice hair!

Popular posts from this blog

A Fond Farewell

Just the Three of Us

Friends