Always a comment....


As I have transitioned into a new (old) vehicle this year I have noticed that I'm still receiving many comments about the vehicle I drive. It goes with that stereo-type phrase, "the car don't make the man..." or does it? I have found this all funny and humbling. Believe I would love to have a sweet ride... But money talks here in materialized America and I still haven't figured out how to get that blasted money tree to grow. I would get real nice comments from everyone when I drove that Mini, and now I get many comments about the Beast (the neon) too. It's funny how the car changes the image. People look at me funny when I get out with a tie on for work. It's like they want me to get something else. I laugh, she still gets me around 30 miles to a gallon. One day Beautiful will have to come and pick me up from the side of the road, but until then the Beast lives...
Here is a little Howard car history for you...

89 Chevy Cavalier- 1st car... drove it for 3 years until I was a senior in high school
91 Chevy Beretta- I loved this car... I had this from a senior in highschool until I was 1 year removed from college.
2005 Mini Cooper- My first and last leased car... I planned to buy it but near the end of the lease I was sick of the car and ready to let it go... Waste of money, but I had a lot of fun driving that thing... AND NO TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1997 Dodge Neon - It is alive!!!!!!! originally Beautiful's new car.... 9 years ago, but now my new car. It has a good engine (after we replaced the one beautiful blew up...) it's just the body is blmmmmph. This is the good side....














1969 Dodge Charger- My dream car before my eyes and in my hands (thanks beautiful for allowing me to get Rusty)... I grew up loving the General Lee, and now I have a chance kind of to revisit a part of my childhood... My dad and I are re-building this one together, which makes it even more special. And now Luke identifies it as the General so the circle keeps going... one day I'll hear that engine growl!!!!!!!!!!!

My next vehicle will be a truck so I won't have to ask someone to help me haul crap and get things from Menards. One day......

Comments

that truck can't come soon enough!! ugh.. get rid of that beast already!!!

Popular posts from this blog

A Fond Farewell

Just the Three of Us

Friends