Author's Chair

I love to write. It is something that helps me vent, seek out adventures, and display a variety of words that serve to paint a picture of a moment that has captivated me or others around me. One genre of writing that really gives me pleasure is poetry. I would like to share one of my poems that I have written with you. Now I am not a professional writer or seek that career, so please be nice when reviewing. I do what I can. Enjoy...

LIFE'S PURPOSE

Morning frost chills the air
Crystals blanket the window as warmth lay twisted beneath layers of cloth
The sun breaks through its night of darkness to reveal creation beginning a new day
Life presenting new paths, new opportunities, and turning the mistakes of yesterday into future memories filled with happiness
The chance of rain for the day does not stop the journey that awaits
Screams of stress, fear, anger, and sadness fill the mind of possible failure
Hesitation tricks the mind to take on the world
Why is life so hard? Why do we do this?
Years may seem to go by searching for the right reasons
Opening my eyes I find my reason to go on...
you

-anthony howard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Fond Farewell

Just the Three of Us

Friends