1 hour of Tranquillity

It's Saturday and usually these days where LeeAnn is sleeping off last evenings work-night are strictly restoration time (restoring a 1969 Dodge Charger, I had decided to think of someone else other than my own desires on this day. Previously in the day I had gone down to talk to my Grandma Howard, who is still recovering from putting her second or three children in the ground within the last 5 years. I mention that because obviously it has been real hard for her to continue life in her usual stride. It has been hard for all of my Howard family. The Howard's curse is to suppress feelings when things go wrong. I do it myself often. I didn't even tell many of my friends that I had now lost my uncle. But this isn't about me and my feelings, I worry about my grandma and like to just go see how she is. I noticed on this day that she was just, I don't know, blah; and she wasn't really talking to me like we do, so I knew something was wrong. I went back up to the car and finished pulling the back window out and told my dad that I was done for the day. He was kind of shocked because we only spent an hour on the car (7-8 hrs was minimum while the wife is sleeping). I went in and got cleaned up, Luke was now sleeping which gave me the opportunity to go back down to my grandma's. I told her that I had a couple new guitar tunes I'd like to play for her. She was always somebody that I could play for and have their complete attention. I know it is biased attention, but it makes me feel good and she enjoys it. I never mentioned anything about my uncle, I knew that she would open up like she always has with me given some time. I got through about three songs when she did say she was feeling blah today. We talked and I continued because she wanted me to. I played for an hour straight for her. I knew if I kept playing I could take her away from life's troubles for a short while and make her feel good. I can't take the troubled feelings away, but whatever I can do for her to keep living life and keep getting up in them morning, I'll do it. Wouldn't you for a loved one?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Fond Farewell

Just the Three of Us

Friends