Family of Love

Family... It seems that we try and fill up our lives with an abundance of selfish desires when what really matters is the people that have stood by our side through thick and thin, good times and bad. We take our families for granted all the time. You running short on your bills this month, who is their to lend you some bread? I have been blessed to have a great surrounding family. And I'm not just talking about my own flesh and blood, but my extended family (in-laws). These are people that I truly love and I don't even take a second sometimes to let them know. LeeAnn and I have family here that doesn't have a lot of money, but they will and have opened their pockets for her and I in troubled times. We don't ask for such things, but they are willing to take a hit in their pocket to see their children stay above water. And even now with our son our family again extends a hand for LeeAnn and I without complaint, and without regret. They have done so much for us. Whether it is over at my moms or over at LeeAnn's moms, the love that is exchanged for that child is amazing. I'm continuing to make consistent effort to let them know that I do appreciate them, and I do love them for what they have done and will keep doing. My son is over at my other moms tonight (mother-in-law) and she does a great job with Lukas. She never turns down an opportunity to spend time with Lukas. I appreciate her and love her for what she has done for Luke, me and LeeAnn, but I don't tell her enough. It is something that I am working on emotionally and getting it out to her verbally. It's the same with my own mom. She will take Lukas and read books with him among other great things. I don't let her know that I love her for what she has done either. My father, my father-in-laws(all of them) are really good to me and my wife and son. I'm sad that I never really had an opportunity to have close relationship with my grandfathers (RIP) and I pray that Lukas will. The truth is I take these people for granted everyday but they keep giving love. When trouble arises, they keep giving love. My family is very special to me, and I am striving to let them know. 1 Peter 4:8-9 states, " Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling." Love is everything. I love all of LeeAnn's and my family. I just need to show it more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Fond Farewell

Just the Three of Us

Friends