Father and son ... golf 101






I've waited for the right time to take Luke golfing. Last week I started thinking about it more. When beautiful and I were out shopping I came across some real golf clubs for 2-5 year olds. I knew they had them but didn't want to push to hard. Well as summer vacation started I was left sitting at home while most everyone around was still at work. My buddies rarely get out to golf anymore, money, jobs, family, life... As I was getting twitchy about golfing and having no one to go with, me and the wife went to get him some clubs. The next day I took him down to the driving range to get him some swinging time. He did great!! As momma and I took a couple swings I would say he hit around 30 balls alone!

No I'm not trying to create the next Tiger Woods, although the money would be nice. I simply want someone to go golfing with. What better person to go with than my son? (I'd love to golf with momma, but she doesn't like it too much I guess) We have gone out to the range two times now and I can't wait to go again. He has a good time and wants to keep on hitting those balls.

I will probably start to actually take him on the courses next summer and just stick to the range this year. I can't wait though. Shoot, I can't wait to just go out with my son again...

Comments

Nicole said…
That is so cute!

Ryan loves to golf... I'm sure he'd love to go sometime. LeeAnn and I were saying you guys should set up a monthly "Golf Day" like us girls do our Scrapbook Night.. you could send out evites and the works ;)
I loved golfing with you boys. And love seeing him enjoy the same sports that you enjoy as well. Makes me smile and to be very proud of my boys!

Popular posts from this blog

A Fond Farewell

Just the Three of Us

Friends